It's FRIIIIIII-DAAAAAY!
Welcome to the weekend!
Hallelujah, praise the good Lord Jesus.
Anybody have any super exciting plans for this weekend?
I don't. :(
Just kidding, y'all. My brother and his girlfriend Kait are coming to stay with us this weekend and I'm super pumped about that. I love getting to spend time with them. We don't get to do that very often anymore since they're all grown up and college grads with big people jobs and whatnot. So we love to have them home!
I'll be working all day Saturday and Sunday, but I'll get to relax a little Sunday night and watch the wonderful Miss USA Pageant with J!
It's just kind of a little tradition for us. We always watch it together, pick our favorites, and try to predict who is going to win from the very beginning. Typical girly activities, you know.
I'm super pumped this year though because the beautiful Ali Fedotowsky from The Bachelor/Bachelorette is one of the judges! She's been my favorite bachelorette by far and I think she'll do a great job judging. Go Ali!
Before I jump into Fun Flick Friday, I just wanted to shed some light on who the people with me in my birthday recap pictures are. I realized after some very sweet ladies brought it to my attention that I didn't tell you who anybody was! Whoops. I was kind of in a hurry that morning. Sorry, sorry please forgive me!
Left to right:
My boyfriend, David
My dad's girlfriend's daughter/one of my best friends, Kelly
Yours truly, Haley
My very best friend, Jordan
Hunter's (my brother) girlfriend, Kait
My brother, Hunter
My dad's girlfriend Pam, myself, and my sweet Daddy
Alrighty..now it's time for Fun Flick Friday!
I think it's time for a comedy, what do y'all think?
I've been doing romantic comedies, but I think it's time for a full-on comedy
So, I've chosen...
Step Brothers (2008)
First off, can I just say that I cannot believe that this movie came out almost FOUR years ago?! Gosh, time is flying. Whew.
Anyway, I have to admit that while extremely hilarious..this movie is also chock-full of extremely crude humor. But nonetheless, still hilarious.
Personally, I don't think they could've chosen two better people to play the main characters. I have always been, and probably always will be, a huge Will Ferrell fan.
He can be a lot to handle sometimes, but he keeps me laughing. I hadn't seen too many movies before this one that John C. Reilly played in other than The Perfect Storm, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape, both of which he played rather small parts in.
Regardless, he just has that feel and look about him that screams "If I hadn't made it big in Hollywood, I probably would be 40 years old and living with my dad." Am I right, or am I right?!
And even though her part wasn't as imperative to the movie, I'm a huge Mary Steenburgen fan. She's just great, in my opinion. And I just think she's gorgeous.
If you haven't seen the movie yet, I strongly recommend it. But for you mothers out there, make sure your kids are asleep. Sound asleep.
Quick synopsis: Brennan (Will Ferrell) is forty years old, unemployed, and still lives with his mother (Mary Steenburgen). Dale (John C. Reilly) is also forty years old, unemployed, but living with his father (Richard Jenkins). Brennan's mother and Dale's father get married and the boys become "step brothers" and are forced to live together and start out hating each other, but eventually form a strange and immature bond with one another that goes on to cause many, many problems.
Read the full synopsis here.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
Dale Doback: The only reason you're living here is because me and my dad decided that
your mom was really hot, and maybe we should just both bang her, and
we'll put up with the retard in the meantime.
Nancy Huff: Brennan, Denise called and she said she can't spend New Years Eve with
you because she's not your girlfriend...she's your therapist
Brennan Huff: Is that what she said? She's a rascal.
Brennan Huff: Is that what she said? She's a rascal.
Funny story: Two nights ago, J and I were about to work out in my room, which is pretty small. So to make room, I took my computer chair out and put it in the hallway, and I also took Rue's bed and her 13248753 toys to the hallway and I walked back in my room and said, "Wow, my room feels a lot bigger now." And right on cue, J goes "SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!"
Hahahahaha, I love her.
This clip is a montage of the job interviews that Dale and Brennan are forced to have after their parents tell them that they're selling the house to travel the world and the boys have to figure out how to live on their own...
Warning: The F bomb is dropped quite a few times in this video, so turn the volume down or pop in some headphones if you have any lingering ears around!
Hahahahaha, I love her.
This clip is a montage of the job interviews that Dale and Brennan are forced to have after their parents tell them that they're selling the house to travel the world and the boys have to figure out how to live on their own...
Warning: The F bomb is dropped quite a few times in this video, so turn the volume down or pop in some headphones if you have any lingering ears around!
This last clip is from one of the few scenes in the movie after Brennan and Dale's parents have put the house on the market and B & D are trying to keep the house from being sold, so they invent some hilarious ways to scare people off..
And just in case you've never seen the movie, here's the original trailer:
As long as you enjoy a good laugh and don't mind some crude humor and F bombs here and there...I promise you'll find yourself laughing for 2 hours straight.
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend, y'all!! xo
As long as you enjoy a good laugh and don't mind some crude humor and F bombs here and there...I promise you'll find yourself laughing for 2 hours straight.
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend, y'all!! xo





2 comments:
I love that movie - one of the best EVER! Happy Friday!
Step Brothers is seriously my favorite movie. I can't even count how many times I've watched that movie haha
Post a Comment