Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"i'm a catch" [bachelorette recap #4]

Hope y'all are having fabulous Tuesday mornings so far! 
Tuesdays are possibly my favorite days for blogging because I get to link up with the wonderful Meg over at More from Meg for...

TheBacheloretteDish


YAY! And let me warn ya, I got a lot to say. So, let's get started!

Once again, I missed the first 30 minutes due to the fact that I didn't get off work until 8:00 and I may or not may have gotten pulled for speeding on my way back into town...
Let me soften the blow here by saying that prior to this..I had never been stopped for anything before. I'm almost glad that I finally got stopped because it took the pressure of "I've never been pulled before..omg knock on wood!" away. I squeezed by with only a warning ticket from the very gracious policeman because of my squeaky clean driving and criminal record. Whew. Oh, and since I work at an ice cream/shaved ice/sno-cone stand, I have about 30 jugs of flavored syrups in the back of my Tahoe and guess who asked me to open up the back just so he could take a little look-see and making sure it wasn't moonshine or meth anything suspicious. Just in case you were wondering, I passed that test with flying colors.

Okay, back to the Bachelorette! 
I missed the one-on-one date with Douglas, but I'm not too upset over it. 
 Don't get me wrong, I don't hate him or anything, but he's definitely not my favorite..especially after he and Ryan tried to get all uppity about the fact that they're over 30 and the most mature. Yeah, right. The fact that you felt the need to make sure the other guys were aware of that shows your insecurities and immaturity. Just sayin'.
 I really do think she likes Doug, but this face was too good to pass up. I had to put a caption to it. And I do think she likes Arie and Sean more than Doug, despite what his now huge ego believes...

Moving on: the group date
I missed about the first 5 minutes of this, but I caught the most important parts -- the race and after party!
I was split on who I wanted to win. I was totally team Red because of Sean, sweet Charlie, and Chris, but I wanted team Yellow because of precious Arie. But he was the only one I liked on that team so I was more team Red.....and they lost. Of course. Stupid Ryan and Kalon...hurl.

At the after party, sweet Emily confesses her love for Arie. 
Ok, not really..but she does let him know how into him she is. (Yay!)
And her and Jef share what I think is yet another awkward encounter. I personally think he's too needy with that whole always needing to be reassured that she's into him when HE is the one who's not being affectionate whatsoever towards her. I'm not saying he should go suck her face off or anything, but dude...you're sitting together on a deserted beach in Bermuda....KISS HER ALREADY!!
Geez. You would think you wouldn't have to tell these guys to kiss the beautiful girl sitting in front of them but apparently, you do. 
And also apparent is the fact that Emily finds Jef's lack of affection as a challenge and decides to give him the group date rose. Again. For the second time. ...Really? 
I'm not saying I don't like him because I do, but ya gotta admit he is a little..."out there". But nonetheless, he seems extremely genuine and I admire that greatly. 

Next up: the two-on-one date.
First of all, yikes. Two-on-one dates are always, always, always so painfully awkward that I can barely watch. I have been a fan of Nate since day one..he is so cute! But unfortunately he never got any camera time so I knew that his time with us would be cut short. Cue the tears. And I just don't really have any feelings about John. He's nice and probably really likes Emily, but I see him going home in about 2 weeks, if not next week. 

 Lastly: the cocktail party/rose ceremony
Cue the arrogance, huh? This should have been called the testosterone party instead of the cocktail party. 
I mean, really.
Could Ryan and Doug have been any higher on their horses? I don't think so.
All they could talk about was the fact that they were older and supposedly more mature than the others guys, especially Chris since he's only 25. I personally believe this is a big 'ole crock of you-know-what. I am firm believer that while age is a big factor in a person's maturity level, it is not the only factor. I'm only 20 years old, but I consider myself to be far more mature than some of my older friends, simply because of the experiences that I've gone through in my lifetime. I see Chris as being just as mature, if not more mature, than Doug and Ryan. Granted, he could've not pushed the subject so much and got in Doug's face, but I agree that he had a right to be angry. And Doug is just getting more arrogant by the second. All I'm sayin'. 
Haha, I had to. ;)

Side note: Did anyone see Jef's outfit at the rose ceremony? I couldn't find a picture of it, but let's just say he better be glad that he already had a rose. Let me give you a visual: shorts with baseball socks. All I'm sayin'.

Another side note: I love Emily. Really. When she told Chris Harrison during their deliberation that Ryan was manipulative and thought he had her wrapped around his finger but he didn't, HAHA! She is my hero. So glad she's being smart about this and not getting caught up in the moment like Ashley Hebert did with Bentley...

 Last side note: Anyone else notice that Ryan was acting like HE was the bachelor throughout this entire episode? Telling the guys that HE had questions for Emily and wanted to make sure that she was the one for him. I'm all for that because he does need to make sure that she's right for him as well, but don't try to take the spotlight for it. The show isn't about YOUR quest for love, Ryan. It's about hers.

Just one more: How sweet is Sean? I just love him. He's always so sweet to Emily and caring towards her every time they're together. If she doesn't pick him, I will. 

In the end, Michael (whose sexuality I was beginning to question) and adorable Charlie were sent home. I personally thought it was going to be Michael and Alejandro, but Alejandro really tried to reassure Emily of his intentions during the party and I just don't think she could break his heart yet. But I'm going to miss the big teddy bear Charlie :(

Oh, and I'm betting serious money that it's stupid, self-centered Kalon that refers to Ricki as "baggage" next week. Thoughts?

What did you guys think about this episode? Were you Team Doug or Team Chris? Did you think Michael was a little too feminine? Are you favorites still your favorites? Who do you think refers to Ricki as "baggage"?

Head on over to see Meg and link-up and let us know!! 
Have a fab Tuesday, y'all! xo

Photobucket

7 comments:

Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

I totally agree with everything you said! I cannot stand Ryan! ICK!!!!! What a creep!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

As always - totally agree!!!! I didn't even know that Michael guys name until last night! I was literally like - who's that weird guy?! HAHA! Thanks for linking up girlie!

Amy said...

I can't believe I forgot to mention Jef's socks in my recap! Hahaha, how random!

I love Sean too! And I personally don't really care for Chris or Doug, but if I had to choose one, it would probably be Chris. Doug is a little too cocky for me. Not on Ryan's level, but still annoying.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts :)

Amy

Elissa said...

sorry you got pulled over but totally understand about it taking off pressure!

LOVE your caption on the picture with doug! totally agree with you on the doug chris situation.

My favorite part of the episode was emily wearing arie's hoodie during the race!

I like jef but he and emily just don't go together!

2 on 1 date. you don't bring someone you like on the 2 on 1 date. wolf will be gone in a week or two.

And I think it is Kalon, at least I hope it is! no one surprising.

Jodi said...

I really like Sean. He is very sweet. I've already had enough of Ryan and Doug. Both cute but getting on my nerves!!

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING Sean & Arie. And Jef... Ah, LOVE!

Keep Shining,
Meghan

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

So, I figured I should come and comment on last week before tonight's episode is over...especially after I emailed you saying I couldn't wait for your recap. Ha! Sorry...been ridiculously busy!

Ticket? Were you rushing home to see the show? Lol.

Kalon is so out of there. Pond scum.

Loving Sean.

Love your captions.

Promise I'll read tomorrow's promptly! Haha.